Both the residential and industrial sectors are major energy consumers. Significant efficiencies and energy savings are needed through new materials, components, processes, and control in addition to the need for behaviour and user acceptance. The focus must also be on flexibility via energy storage, demand control etc.
- Energy savings and efficient systems and components in the consumer segment stages, including industry, buildings, and various devices.
- Flexible systems with demand adjusted to production.
- Control and application of digital solutions, such as AI, IoT, and big data.
- Renewable energy production in buildings and the integration of buildings in energy systems.
- Technology use, behaviour and everyday practices.